Sunday, March 22, 2009

What is, as they say, up?

Well hello there. I suppose the majority of people reading this, at first at least, will be people that I know. But I'm going to write this like I don't know you, so if I accidentally start speaking about you offensively well.. umm... I... don't... usually... do... that? question mark? I think I'll speak about people in arbitrary nicknames that they either already own or don't. Who knows? Not me.

Anyways, after a long hiatus I've recently been doing a lot of writing, creative and otherwise. I didn't really realize how much I missed it until I got back into it and I figured that now was as good a time as any to attempt my first foray into the magical world of blogging, as I am taking an extended break from the book I have been working on. I also realize that everyone and their brother has a blog nowadays, so I don't really expect anyone to keep up with this, unless they are me. But Self... if you don't keep up with this, there will be problems. Don't roll your eyes at me young man. Kids these days.

I'm basically just going to be posting and hope the blog finds its own theme... I don't really have anything in mind other than posting things that strike my fancy. I am wide open to suggestions as well. In fact, my first entry (after this one of course) was suggested to me by the lovely T-bomb, who then helped me edit it, as she is an editor of things. And actually, I like challenges. So I will throw down this gauntlet right now... if you want something blogged about, message me with a rough idea and I will do it, at some point. Other than obvious considerations for taste, I will not turn any idea away.

Oh. I should explain the name.

I am a Bruce Springsteen fanatic. He is the man. Well, he's the Boss really. Zing. My favourite song by him is called 'Backstreets', a great (and astoundingly epic) performance of which you can view at the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xfXswFmSzM

If somebody could teach me how to do those cool link things where it just says 'which you can view HERE' and then you just click the 'HERE' part, I would be appreciative. I am looking at you Bradley. So anywho, there is a great line in the song which goes 'when the breakdown hit at midnight, there was nothing left to say'. In fact, it is my favourite line in the song. And I figured that with this being a blog with me having lots of things to say, it would be a cool name. It does not relate to me HAVING a breakdown in any way, shape or form, although I'll probably have to explain that to approximately every person I ever tell about this blog. But that will also let me talk about Bruce. So I win. If you disagree, go suck a lemon.

peace and love

- Danny G

1 comment:

  1. ditching the LJ universe? Granted that website was SOOoo high school, I still use it. It's funny to see how (de)evolved I've been since those good old days of 03.

    I'm glad you're writing again, you are a really good writer!

    ReplyDelete